Media Release- Health Advisory
April 18th, 2019
For Immediate Release
San Fernando, 18th April, 2019: The South-West Regional Health Authority (SWRHA) wishes to advise the public that all health facilities in the St. Patrick County are on high alert and remain ready to accept anyone that requires medical attention following the recent increase in smoke levels. Our staff are also engaged in visiting with bed-ridden patients within the area.
The following measures are recommended to protect your health:
- Limit time outdoors
- Avoid strenuous activity where possible
- Keep windows closed and use Air Conditions on recirculate mode where possible
- Keep hydrated and get enough sleep
- Persons with heart or lung conditions should be especially careful
- Seek healthcare immediately if you develop symptoms of wheezing, coughing or chest pain
For further information contact your nearest health facility or Customer Service Representatives at the toll-free 87-SWRHA hotline.
The SWRHA wishes to reaffirm its commitment to providing quality healthcare to the citizens of Trinidad and Tobago.