Skip to main content

Complaints System



Who can complain

  • Anyone who is not satisfied with the quality of health care service at any public or private health care facility can lodge a complaint.

To whom can complaints be made?

  • The Customer Relations Officer, located at the public health facility, is responsible for handling complaints.
  • If you have a complaint about services at a health centre, you can contact the Primary Care Quality Co-ordinator at the Quality Improvement Department of the Regional Health Authority.
  • If the complaint is about service received at a private hospital or nursing home, contact the office of the Chief Medical Officer at the Ministry of Health (627 - 0010/0012).

How to lodge your complaint :

  • By telephone
  • In person
  • In writing to the Customer Relations Officer/Representative.


The Customer Relations Officer at the Quality Improvement Department will investigate the complaint and you will be informed of the outcome. If you are not satisfied with the outcome of the investigation, the Customer Relations Officer will forward your complaint to the Quality Co-ordinator of the facility for resolution.

All complaints are treated with the strictest confidence, the customer's information is kept confidential during the investigation process.

How to contact your Customer Relations Officer:

South-West Regional Health Authority

San Fernando General Hospital

652-3581/6 ext.3246

San Fernando Teaching Hospital

225-HEAL(4325) ext.1350,1517,1510,1413

Client Feedback Comment Hotline

 87-SWRHA(79742) or you can contact SWRHA

Contact Us

  • Paradise Pasture, Independence Avenue, San Fernando
  • Regional Administration Centre - PBX Info: (868) 225-HEAL (4325), Customer Service Hotline 87-SWRHA(877-9742)