For eight families in the South-West region ringing in the New Year 2017 was a double celebration as they also welcomed the newest additions to their families. On New Year’s morning The Honourable Minister of Health, Mr. Terrance Deyalsingh paid a courtesy visit to the San Fernando General Hospital to spend time with and congratulate these mothers on their new born babies.
The first birth in the region, a baby girl weighing 3.045 kg, was delivered at the Area Hospital Point Fortin at 12:07 a.m. to Tenisha Thomas and at the San Fernando General Hospital Linda Deonarine gave birth to a baby boy weighing 2.07 kg.
There were six additional births at the SFGH on New Year’s morning:
- Denise Williams-Thomas delivered a boy at 3:46 a.m. weighing 4.16 kg
- Selene Mahadeosingh delivered a girl weighing 2.66 kg at 4:21 a.m.
- Turkeisha Perry delivered a girl weighing 940g at 7:02 a.m.
- Nadira Hosein delivered a boy weighing 4.05 kg at 7:27 a.m.
- Carlene Lewis delivered a boy weighing 2.68 kg at 8:16 a.m.
- Shoba Bany delivered a boy weighing 3.02 kg at 10:07 a.m.
In Photo (R to L): The Honourable Minister of Health Minister, Mr. Terrance Deyalsingh greets Linda Deonarine as Dr. Krishna Rampersadsingh, Head of Department Obstetrics and Gynaecology, and Ms. Sherma Alexander-Campbell, Nurse Manager (Ag.) looks on