Physiotherapy month is annually celebrated in September. It raises awareness of the importance of physiotherapy and the integral role of physiotherapists in keeping persons well, mobile and independent. The theme for this year’s World Physical Therapy Day, which was recognised on September 8th, is “Physiotherapy for Mental Health”. It highlights the role physiotherapy plays in the management of individuals with mental health disorders through special techniques and exercise programs. Staff at the Physiotherapy Department have chosen to commemorate Physiotherapy Month with a week of activities from September 10th -14th 2018.
Look out for:
- Exciting Facts about Physiotherapy and the Physiotherapy Department on the official SWRHA Facebook Page, website and intranet on Monday 10th September, 2018
- Quiz/Crossword Competition for all staff on Tuesday 11th September, 2018. Answers should be emailed to the Physiotherapy Department’s email email@example.com
- Information Booth in the SFGH Foyer on Wednesday 12th September, 2018 from 8:00 am-12:00 noon and activities in Hand Clinic
- Activities in Main Department with patients on Thursday 13th September, 2018
- Physiotherapy Staff activity on Friday 14th September, 2018