FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
1)How many health centres are there under the South-West Regional Health Authority?
- There are thirty-three (33) health centres within the South-West Region and two extended care centres.
2) How many hospitals are there in the South-West Region?
- There are two hospitals within the South-West Region; San Fernando General Hospital and Area Hospital Point Fortin.
3) What are the visiting hours at the hospitals?
- At San Fernando General Hospital there are two (2) visiting sessions: Morning - 11:00 a.m. to 1:00 p.m. Mondays - Sundays and Public Holidays, Afternoon - 4:00 p.m. to 6:00 p.m.
4) How many 24-hour facilities are there under the South-West Region?
- There five 24-hour facilities that falls under the South-West Regional Health Authority: San Fernando General Hospital, Area Hospital Point Fortin, Siparia District Health Facility, Princes Town District Health Facility and Couva District Health Facility.