The South-West Regional Health Authority (SWRHA) is pleased to invite suitably qualified persons to forward applications to fill the following vacancy at the SWRHA:
CHIEF EXECUTIVE OFFICER
The Chief Executive Officer will report to the Board of Directors and will be responsible for the Strategic Direction and Effective Management of Health services delivery in the Southwest Region. The incumbent will also be responsible for leadership of a team of Senior Executives and will have organisational oversight of all operations. This is an extremely challenging position, which requires the individual to have inspirational management and transformational leadership skills. Challenges include re-engineering of organisational systems and processes in this complex organisation to transform the Authority into a centre of excellence. This needs to be achieved against a background of diversity and different concepts of work ethics among the staff.
Work is carried out in the context of Governments legislation and Board’s Policies.
key functions & Duties:
- The incumbent shall be responsible to the Board of the South-West Regional Health Authority for the organization and management of the Authority in accordance with policies established by the Ministry, the Board and subject to direction of the Board.
- Leads the Executive of the RHA in determining the short, medium and long term goals.
- Create and implement change management strategies and plans that maximize employee adoption and usage while minimizing resistance.
- Acts as a coach for senior leaders and executives in helping them fulfill the role of change sponsor. The incumbent also provides direct support and coaching to all levels of managers and supervisors as they help their direct reports through transitions.
- To provide an ICT platform for transforming the current healthcare operational system into a preventative, pro-active, and value-based system for enhancement of the preventative maintenance and asset management processes.
- Demonstrates fiscal prudence and accountability to the Board and ensure appropriate systems and structures are in place for the effective management and control of the Authority and its resources to achieve cost reduction benefits and best monetary value for spend.
- Ensures structures and systems, for the development, review and recommendation of new programmes, projects, service expansion or changes.
- Ensures that Key Performance Indicators (KPI’s) and staff developmental plans for all service areas are developed and implemented.
- Ensures patient safety through development, implementation and evaluation of patient safety measures.
- Ensure financial prudence by recommending and establishing cost reduction mechanisms to realize best value for money.
- Establishes an organizational structure to ensure alignment with achieving of all services, departments and staff for fulfilling the mission, objectives and strategic plan of the Authority.
- Provides systems for the enhancement of human interaction related issues such as A&E, Pension, Leave and Appraisal Management and other such matters that may bring the SWRHA’s corporate responsibility into public negativity.
- Collaborates with the Ministry of Health and related health care agencies to promote co-ordination and/or planning of local health care services.
- Represents the Authority’s business to the community, government, media, and other relevant stakeholders’ agencies and provide timely and accurate responses to issues that may impact on the SWRHA’s image.
- Collaborates with Local Government bodies on matters related to public health and disaster management in the region.
- Leads the RHA in the negotiating process leading to the ASA with the Ministry of Health.
- Prepares and submits reports to the Board/Ministry of Health on the performance of the Authority in accordance with the Annual Service Agreement.
- Performs related duties as assigned by the Board of Directors.
key knowledge, skills and abilities:
- Strategic /transformational leadership and management skills.
- Impeccable time management skills.
- Working knowledge of financial, budgetary and human resources management and industrial relations.
- Knowledge of health systems/organization developmental processes.
- Working knowledge of legislation governing the health sector.
- Demonstrated ability to coach Senior Executive to align assessments with learning goals and objectives.
- Ability to change entrenched cultures.
- Ability to diffuse anger and resolve conflicts.
- Demonstrated experience documenting and reengineering business processes.
- An analytical mind with problem-solving skills.
- Exceptional interpersonal & media relations skills.
Required Qualifications, Training and Experience:
- Post-graduate qualifications in Organisational Development, Management, Health Services Management or related discipline.
- Ten (10) years management experience in a large, progressive unionized environment, five (5) of which must be at a Senior Executive level.
- Experience in Public Health and Organisational Development will be an asset.
All applications should be submitted with a detailed Curriculum Vitae, copies of relevant certificates, Birth Certificate, a Police Certificate of good character, a contact number and two (2) testimonials by
June 18, 2019. All applications should be addressed (with the name of the position applied for, clearly labelled, on the outside of the envelope) to:
Office of the Chairman of the Human Resources Committee
South-West Regional Health Authority
Level 8, San Fernando Teaching Hospital
Chancery Lane, San Fernando
For enquiries contact 225-4325 ext. 5007
ALL APPLICANTS MUST STATE THEIR CURRENT POSITION AND ATTACH A COPY OF THEIR SWRHA STAFF BADGE.
UNSUITABLE/INCOMPLETE/LATE APPLICATIONS WILL NOT BE ACKNOWLEDGED
Certificates acquired at foreign universities MUST be supported by certified transcripts as well as evidence that the completed programme is accredited in Trinidad and Tobago.